I love you, and I want you to be my bird.
a song cycle with book, lyrics, & music by Lane Dombois
Birds come, and then they go—but they never really leave our hearts, plates, veins.
workshop at Dixon Place (see Production/Worry Noise Dirt Heat)
performed: December, 2016 at Dixon Place
- directed by Jesse Freedman, stage managed by Emily Fischer, costumes designed by Karen Boyer, lighting designed by Joshua Langman, scenery designed by Ali Spechler, flute arrangements by Aleksandra Weil, with reeds by T.J. Rubin and percussion by Ani Garcia
an original musical with music by Ana Garcia and book & lyrics by Lane Dombois
A first-generation afro-Brazilian immigrant fighting through high school and the streets of Newark, NJ.
workshop in February 2016 at NYU Tisch, Center for New Musicals
performed: February, 2016
- directed by Laurie Carlos, music directed by Darius Smith, choreographed by Jelon Vieira, Byron Easley, and Emily Franch, stage managed by Allison Hargrove
- performed by Ariel Blackwood, Sojourner Brown, Ashley Grace Coia, Andrew Farella, Hannah Howzdy, Matty Mahowski, Luna Manela, Emma Maxwell, Roberto Morean, Daniel Saulle, and Jared Svoboda
reading at NYU Tisch, Graduate Musical Theater Writing Program
performed: May, 2015
- directed by Carlos Armesto, music directed by Daniel Sefik
- performed by Dewey Cadell, Cicily Daniels, Tamar Greene, Victoria Huston-Elem, Justin Keyes, and Janelle McDermoth
Bark! or The Gone Trees and Whatever Else With Them
an original short opera with music by Jonathan Russ and libretto by Lane Dombois
Dogs know more than not dogs.
performed: May, 2016 at Fort Greene Park
- sung by Kamala Sankaram, Eric Brenner, and Deborah Renterghem; music directed by Kelly Horsted
- developed with Randall Eng of NYU Tisch, produced by American Opera Projects
a short dance piece by Alison DeFranco, Dimitri Kalaitzidis, and Mariel Harris with music co-composed by Edison Hong and Lane Dombois
How do you know which reality is the real reality?
performed: April, 2014 at the Atlas Theater at NYU Tisch
- choreographed by Alison DeFranco, Dimitri Kalaitzidis, and Mariel Harris
- costumes designed by Ilana Breitman, lighting designed by Oona Curley, scenery designed by Brian Cho
Ornithophilia: I love you, and I want you to be my bird.
I love you, and I want you to be my bird. (book, lyrics, & music by Lane Dombois)
performed: December, 2016 at Dixon Place
- directed by Jesse Freedman, stage managed by Emily Fischer, costumes designed by Karen Boyer, lighting designed by Joshua Langman, scenery designed by Ali Spechler, flute arrangements by Aleksandra Weil, with reeds by T.J. Rubin and percussion by Ana Garcia
Outside In: The Chimes and Love in the Dark
The Chimes (book & lyrics Eloïse Govedare, music Liz Barnett)
Love in the Dark (book Orian Israelsohn, lyrics Emily Roller, music Aleksandra Weil)
performed: October, 2015 at Dixon Place Lounge
- directed by Jesse Freedman, stage managed by Hannah Spratt, designed by Karen Boyer, musical directed by Will Buck (Love in the Dark) and Daniel Sefik (The Chimes) with violin by Cheeyoung Kim
- performed by Jenny Ashman, Meghan Bailey, Courtney King, and Alex Markowitz
SD Acting Lab
SD Acting Lab: Short Plays of Kushner and Wilder
includes Only We Who Guard the Mystery Shall Be Unhappy (Tony Kushner), Someone from Assissi (Thornton Wilder), The Wreck on the Five-Twenty-Five (Thornton Wilder), and Nascuntar Poetae (Thornton Wilder)
performed: July, 2016 at Kraine Theater
- directed and conceived by Daniel Sefik, stage managed by Will Jennings, assistant stage managed by Jackie Mullen
- performed by Isaura Flores, Dakota Granados, Chris Murphy, and Amy Newhall
Chronicles of Samson: Dangers of a Wounded Ego
performed: October 18th and 19th, 2017 at New Ohio Theatre
- written and translated by Ken Kaissar, directed by Jesse Freedman, based on plays by Moshe Hayyim Luzzatto, assistant directed by Mimi Barcomi, stage managed by Molly Bicks, costumes designed by Karen Boyer, lighting designed by Yi-Chung Chen, sound designed by Lane Dombois